A friend of mine just made 68 quarts of orange marmalade, and I'm not asking any questions because I was the lucky beneficiary of some of it. Have I told you how much I love marmalade? Let me count the ways:
1. I love the vibrant color of it, especially on these cold, dreary days.
2. I love its sweet-bitter taste on crusty toast. It's also quite good in cake.
3. I love to say the word "marmalade"; it's even better than "pamplemousse."
4. I love that it keeps practically forever.
5. I love that no one else in my family can stand it, so I get to eat all of it.