Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Golden Lasso of Truth: Football Jerseys

Here's something I don't get: Grown men wearing their sports heroes' football jerseys while watching a game.

I am, admittedly, not a sports fan, and claim no special understanding of the psychology here, but dressing up in a football jersey to watch a game seems analogous to dressing up in a gold leotard and high-heeled red boots to watch Wonder Woman. Isn't that just sort of . . . pitiful?

The 500Jerk Spouse strongly disagrees and chalks my position up to a lamentable ignorance about any aspect of the world of sports. And he's perfectly right about my noncomprehension of anything sports-related.


But all I'm saying is, you wouldn't catch me lounging around in a tiara and a gold bustier for Wonder Woman re-runs.

No comments: