Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Season to Be Jolly

I don't know about you, but I'm still listening to Christmas carols, and I haven't taken our tree down. I like the lights and the music, and in that regard, the season just doesn't last long enough.

A few photos of Christmas 2008:



Thanks to my SIL's seven children, we always have a lot of stockings to hang.

Feeding the horde. Pretty much the entire Christmas week, dinner is for 20-25 people per night. Everyone pitches in, though, so it's really very manageable.


Some of the cousins made delicious chai-gingerbread men. They were inspired by the gingerbread house in the foreground my friend D. made from scratch.*


Miss M with favorite cousin Laura Lou, Christmas morning. Oh, those girls.


Miss M, wearing American Girl Felicity's bonnet, with Grandma B.


And Boy Wonder with his supercool iPod shuffle. I love that he sings aloud to it. Tunelessly.


It was very merry.

*Meaning she bargained with the Fresh Market staff at 6PM Christmas Eve until they let her have it for $5.99.**

**Love ya, D., 20 second hug!

No comments: