A couple of people requested a top ten fiction list from me. I LOVED composing this list--it was like visiting with old friends--so thank you for asking. I limited myself to recent works of fiction, so great classic reads like Anna Karenina and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man don't appear.
Please to enjoy:
The 500Jerk Top Ten
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
5. Three Junes by Julia Glass
6. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay by Michael Chabon
7. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norwell: A Novel by Susanna Clarke
8. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
9. Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
10. The House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
10. No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
The Time Traveler's Wife was an absolute favorite, but it's a love story. With a Jules Verne-like twist. If love stories aren't your thing, I hope you'll find something on here that is.
Keep me posted.