Friday, June 12, 2009

Missing More Than a Connection

The latest source of amusement for adults in our household is scrolling through Knoxville Craigslist Missed Connections, where Knoxvillians post queries in hopes of tracking down someone they've seen, but don't know or were too intimidated to approach. The inquiries are often hopelessly vague or ineffective (choose one or both), and in a sad, sad way, completely hilarious.

Take, for instance, the hopeless quest for

3 girls in a silver SUV, south* on I40 monday afternoon

Uh, right. Good luck with that.

* I-40 is a major east-west interstate highway.

Or this:

Your hair was pulled up still looked good. . . . Would like to talk to you sometime. Tell me what I gave you before I left and lets see where it goes from there.

Connection, punctuation, conjunction => all missing. Then, there's this little gem:

Saw you at The Rush last summer. We were the only ones at the urinals. You were hot.

Urinals. They are so . . . HOT.

The 500Jerk Spouse shouts these out as I'm getting ready for bed, usually dissolving in a fit of laughter midway through the telling.

It is very amusing.

No comments: