Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Page 17

Interwebs, I recently spent about six hours writing an article on Costa Rica for DICTA magazine, the Knoxville Bar Association's monthly publication. I don't even want to add up the opportunity costs associated with writing the piece, but my inner compulsive grammarian does not allow publication of any item without thorough (read: obsessive and time-consuming) editing. A holdover from my days as managing editor of The Washington and Lee Law Review, I guess.

At any rate, I'm going to cut my losses and use the DICTA piece as my contribution to the blogosphere today. If you find a grammatical error in the article, do let me know in the comments. At the same time, please also provide your physical address. That way, I'll know where to beat you senseless with my dog-eared Elements of Style.

1 comment:

Barbara Flynn said...

A fascinating article about a place I've never seen but now feel I know enough about to merit a future visit. So well written, the article has style, humor, color and an abundance of intriguing details that make me want to book a trip. Having spent past vacations mostly visiting churches, museums and a vast number of historical monuments, Costa Rica sounds like a great place to spend a lot of time outdoors just communing with Nature. I'm overdue for that! Thanks for sending the article and here's hoping for many more. Barbara Flynn