1. I don’t like to lose.
2. Or play poorly.
3. Or let my hard-working doubles partner down.
4. But mostly?
5. I don’t like to lose.
6. My right wrist is killing me.
7. I’m additionally pained by my serious level of tennis suckitude.
8. Why, for example, can I not control the urge to hit EVERY ball? I’m like a ball-frenzied Labrador retriever out there. It’s on my side? I’ll get it. It’s on your side? I’ll get it. It’s going over the fence? I’LL GET IT.
9. Then I miss.
10. That’s an example of something that keeps me up at night.
11. Is playing tennis recreational? Or stressful? I can’t tell.
13. When are we playing again?