Sunday, August 7, 2011

Elizabeth's "Enjoyable" Summer with the 500Jerk Kids

Our sweet eighteen-year old niece, Elizabeth, spent the summer living with us and nannying the 500Jerk kids before leaving for college this past weekend. And by "nannying" I mean ferrying kids to and from the Knoxville Racquet Club about eight times a day and regularly breaking up sibling fisticuffs. This picture represents a sanitized ideal of the summer:

But this picture may be a more accurate reflection of reality.

When she left, I gave her a big hug, and she thanked me for an "enjoyable" summer. And by "enjoyable" I think she meant, "There were some fun parts but I am seriously glad this whole driving/bouncer gig's behind me now. YOUR TURN."

Still, it was a fun summer, and as you can see, we will all miss Elizabeth.

No comments: