Monday, November 16, 2020

And Another Thing About Getting Older

I really can’t see a damn thing. Readers are now an almost full-time necessity, even if only to see the meal I'm eating. Eyebobs are my readers of choice. Apparently I can’t even grocery shop without them.

Nut what I wanted.
nut what I wanted

I bought a giant delicious bag of cashews the other day, only to get home and find they are . . . unsalted.  See the giant labeling tell?  UNSALTED.  What use is a cashew that's unsalted? None, that's the answer to that.

On the other hand, a benefit of getting older is that five years ago I wouldn't even DREAMED of buying an enormous bag of cashews--calories, cost, etc.  Now I'm old enough to throw caution to the wind.  Live for the day, kick back, enjoy the good things in life, you know. All this new perspective on life is great, of course.  I just need to find my readers first.

No comments: