Monday, December 1, 2008

What I'm Reading . . . I See You Everywhere

Julia Glass is an amazing storyteller and writer, and I loved Three Junes and The Whole World Over. I loved them so much that I purchased her latest, I See You Everywhere, in hardcover because I couldn't wait to read it.



I See You Everywhere focuses on a love-hate relationship between two very different sisters who compete for everything--men, parental affection, success--until mortality catches up with them. Although I don't have a sister, I bet it accurately captures how simultaneously angry, loving, and heartbreaking a sibling relationship can be.

That being said, I'm afraid I See You Everywhere is just not as good as Julia Glass's first two novels. I'll refrain from pointing out what I didn't like about it because (a) Julia Glass truly is a talented writer; and (b) Lord knows, you can't hit a home run every time.

However, I do wish I had waited for the paperback edition.

No comments: