Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Haiku for Moderns Moms: The Unwanted Meal

Every six months or so I get a wild hair and compose a haiku. The funny thing is that REAL haiku manage to convey something deep and profound in just a few syllables. My haiku, on the other hand, are . . . nothing of the sort. See here and here.

In that same prosaic vein, I present to you the following:

The Unwanted Meal

I made chicken and dumplings,
and my kids said "Euwwww,
Who likes wet biscuits and peas?"

Complaints are unwelcome here,
And you know that rule.
Now, double helpings for all.

Hmm . . . I'm thinking this is not what Japanese haiku masters had in mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe chicken and dumplings are Unwanted. It was a delicacy of my early years. Also included: Chicken and Homemade Noodles. A lot of work but memories made that lasted a lifetime.
Barbara