Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Movie Version

Although I had to rent it twice from Blockbuster, plus pay two days' worth of late fees, I finally got to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in its 150-minute entirety.


The movie version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is violent, dark, and scary. But then again, so was the book. I liked them both.

In other adventures, the entire 500Jerk family recently watched the roundly (and I might add, justifiably) criticized Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Although I'll watch just about any movie--subject to an exception for movies starring chipmunks--Wimpy Kid was pretty terrible. But as summed up by the chronically TV-deprived Miss M, "I consider it a privilege to watch any TV. I'm just glad I got to watch SOMETHING."

That's the spirit!

1 comment:

big genie said...

I enjoyed the books. I thought the movie was OK, but missed several key points and relationships. I have no idea why the ending was rewritten with Salander watching Martin burn. On the other hand the Swedish country side looked nice and inviting.