Wednesday, February 11, 2009

M is for "Motivated"

Over the course of the next two months, Miss M will be accumulating mileage toward her goal to run at least 25 miles prior to the 1.2 mile Cariten Kids Run on March 28. I've been doing the running with her, which is good for my own health and has the added bonus of our spending some quality mama-daughter time together. So far, we've accumulated about 6 miles running around our neighborhood and the church track up the street.

In our initial run, I promised Miss M new running shoes once she could run one mile straight. So what did she do? Yep. Immediately ran a mile straight. I tell you, you give that girl a goal, and she's after it like a duck on a junebug.

So now I've upped the ante: once she can run two miles straight, she gets a real running outfit.

It's probably pretty safe to say I'll be out some money soon on that one, too.

No comments: