Although life takes unexpected twists and turns—and sometimes the very earth moves—here are ten constants I can count on:
1. I will never, EVER wear a cape. Just . . . no.
2. A smog-laden, oppressively hot August is the burden of otherwise glorious living in East Tennessee.
3. People smile more on Fridays. See Related Item 9, infra.
4. The very sight of my children lifts my spirits. See why?
5. The J. Crew items I covet always seem to be at least 30% overpriced.
6. No matter how many times I ask—or how long it’s been—our sad, small fish will not have been fed. Yet, it always lives to swim another day in its own fish murk.
7. Smitten Kitchen recipes, and its luscious food photography, inevitably involve an unusual culinary combination either I or a family member will not eat.
8. My mother will not resist the impulse to comment on my unruly hair.
9. Fridays make my heart sing. Sing!
10. Speaking of singing, this song is great.
Any constants you can rely on? Do share.